Pages

5.8.11

Pangasius with Cherry Tomatoes and Capers

A few months back, while killing some time at a magazine stand, I came across a special edition of Gourmet Magazine called Special Edition Italian Kitchen. It retailed at a whopping $12.99 +tx, which in my opinion is just a stupid price to pay for a magazine. But, oh my God. Every single recipe in there had me weak at the knees just by reading them. Yes, as I have mentioned before, I am addicted to any literature involving food. So I just couldn't resist, and had to have it, price being stupid, or not.

The first recipe I tried was called Black Sea Bass with Tomatoes and Capers, but I used pangasius since that's what I had on hand. It turned out so great, it became an instant family week-night dinner. On the picture here, I served the fish with a saffran pilaf rice, one of my favorite recipes by Pol Martin. This rice is so easy and delish, with grated parmesan tossed at the very end of cooking. Yum. I'll be posting this recipe in the coming days for sure!




Pangasius with Cherry Tomatoes and Garlic

4 pangasius filets
8 thyme sprigs
1 lemon, sliced in 8 slices
12 cherry tomatoes, rinsed and halved
1 ½ tbsp capers, liquid drained
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
Your best olive oil
Salt and pepper

Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
First, prepare the fish. Remove any excess liquid from the filets by pressing them gently with paper towel. Line a baking sheet with aluminum paper, and spread 1 tbsp of olive oil on the foiled sheet.
Place the filets on the sheet with two lemon slices under each. Season the fish with salt and pepper, and place two sprigs of thyme on each filet.
In a saucepan, heat 3 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat. When the oil is hot, throw in the sliced garlic and cook until it becomes slightly golden. Now, add the halved tomatoes, and cook until they become softer, about 5-6 minutes. Add the capers to the pan, and cook for another minute or two.
Pour the tomato-garlic sauce as evenly as possible over the pangasius. With another sheet of foil, create a tent over the fish, and seal the edges by rolling the top and bottom foil together.
Put fish in the oven, on the middle rack, and cook for 13-15 minutes, or until cooked.
Enjoy!

Gourmet Magazine, Special Edition Italian Kitchen, May 2011.

No comments: